Some old crafts in village Bašelj still persist:
- Beekeeping – strongly developed activity (honey, mead, royal jelly)
- Baker weaving - weaving of bags and baskets from hazel
- Making Easter Palm Sunday bundle from ivy
- Brandy distilling - whereas the peasant gardens are full of old types of apples, pears and plums, almost every homestead distills brandy. According to locals, there are three variants of brandy distilled: the best for home use, a little less good for sale and the worst for the "parkelj" (Krampus).
- Bread baking - was preserved on several farms (for home use)
- Carving and painting